Tomato Basil Sauce
Enjoy on fresh fettuccine or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped (about 10 to 12 medium tomatoes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat. Sauté for 10 seconds, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes, until the mixture becomes juicy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt, pepper, and chopped fresh basil.