- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ red cabbage, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and cover. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for several minutes more, until the cabbage wilts and begins to soften.
- Add the apples, water, vinegar, salt, pepper and honey, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from the heat.