Green Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing
Serves 4 – 6
Creamy Lime Dressing
- ½ teaspoon lime zest grated (green part of the skin)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ head Romaine lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Stir together the yogurt or sour cream, paprika, sugar, and salt. Whisk in the lime zest, lime juice and water until the mixture is smooth. This dressing will keep several days, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Gently tear the lettuce into 2-inch pieces and put it into a serving bowl. Add the cucumber and carrot.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss until the salad is evenly coated. Serve immediately.