Curtido is a type pickled slaw made with cabbage and carrots. Curtido is a popular in El Salvador and frequently served with the country’s national dish, pupusas.
- ½ head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup warm water
- Place the sliced cabbage and grated carrot into a bowl. Sprinkle the salt, sugar, and oregano over the cabbage and carrots. Mix together.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and water and stir to combine. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend.