Basil & Parsley Pesto
Toss this pesto over your favorite store-bought pasta OR for a special treat, make homemade fettuccine—it’s a magical experience with kids!
Makes about 1½ cups.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Use a mortar and pestle to smash the garlic clove until it is well crushed.
- Tear the basil and parsley leaves into little pieces.
- Add the leaves one handful at a time to the mortar and grind the mixture into a fine paste.
- Stir in the salt and olive oil.