Tri-color Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Enjoy with stovetop pizza.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tri-color Salad Ingredients
- 1 small head Romaine lettuce
- ⅛ head of red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the sunflower oil and olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth. Set the dressing aside.
- Make the salad: Gently tear the lettuce into 2-inch pieces and put it into a serving bowl. Tear the red cabbage into bite-sized pieces and add them to the lettuce. Add the grated carrot to the serving bowl. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss until the salad is evenly coated. Serve immediately.