Green Salad with Lime Dressing
Enjoy as a side with Cuban beans and yellow rice.
Serves 4 – 6
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled
- ¼ head green cabbage, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Make the lime dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth. Set the dressing aside.
- Make the salad: Gently tear the lettuce into 2-inch pieces and put it into a serving bowl. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips of both carrots. Add the carrots, cabbage, and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Just before serving, pour the lime dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.