(Serve with Sesame Flatbread and Tomato Cucumber Salad)
Kids really love to mash, so no need to use a food processor when making hummus! Enjoy as a dip for your favorite vegetables or serve with flatbread and a fresh tomato-cucumber salad.
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini, optional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- In a bowl, use a potato masher to mash the garbanzo beans until they are almost smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.