Fall Harvest Salad with Whole Wheat Croutons and Honey Mustard Dressing
- one head Romaine lettuce, torn
- two cups of torn green cabbage
- a handful or two or fresh spinach leaves
- one apple, diced
- one zucchini, diced
- Place everything in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, add whole wheat croutons and honey mustard dressing and toss gently.
Whole Wheat Croutons
- Use 3 or 4 slices of whole wheat bread and follow these simple directions:
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Toast in the skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Toss with a little vegetable or olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Measure EVERYTHING into a bottle or jar with a secure lid.
- Place the lid on tight and shake until well mixed.