Cooking with Kids new cooking curriculum with expanded teaching tools and tips is designed for grades K-1 (ages 5-6), grades 2-3 (ages 7-8), and grades 4-5 (ages 9-11), and are aligned with Common Core State Standards in Language Arts and Mathematics and National Health Education Standards. Purchase of the curriculum includes masters for classroom recipes and student activities, which may be copied for a group of up to 30 students.
View a free sample cooking lesson: Minestrone and Breadsticks for Grades 2-3.
- Step-by-step instructions and time estimates for a 2-hour cooking class
- Kid-friendly classroom recipes in English and Spanish (plus cooking, shopping, and safety tips)
- Food information and suggestions for enrichment activities
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) student activities and take-home recipes for families
What’s on the menu?
- Cuban Beans with yellow rice, pineapple-banana salad, and green salad with lime dressing
- Potato Pancakes, sweet and sour red cabbage, and homemade applesauce
- Vegetable Paella and green salad with lemony dressing (Bonus: grades 2-3 and 4-5 make Mediterranean flatbread)
- Minestrone with breadsticks
- Ethiopian Lentils with injera bread, tikil gomen, and cucumber yogurt salad
- Japanese Rice Bowl with crunchy cabbage salad