Cooking with Kids new cooking curriculum with expanded teaching tools and tips is designed for grades 4-5, with bilingual student materials (Spanish/English). Lessons are aligned with Common Core State Standards in Language Arts and Mathematics and National Health Education Standards. Each Curriculum Guide comes with masters of classroom recipes and student materials, which may be copied for a classroom, up to 30 students.
What’s on the menu?
- Cooking Class Basics and Tips for Teaching Cooking Classes
- Introductory lesson: Infused Water
- Lesson plans with activities for six 2-hour cooking classes:
- Cuban Beans with yellow rice, pineapple-banana salad, and green salad with lime dressing
- Potato Pancakes with sweet and sour red cabbage and homemade applesauce
- Vegetable Paella with Mediterranean flatbread and green salad with lemony dressing
- Minestrone with breadsticks
- Ethiopian Lentils with injera bread, tikil gomen, and cucumber yogurt salad
- Japanese Rice Bowl with crunchy cabbage salad
- Step-by-step instructions and time estimates for a 2-hour cooking class
- Kid-friendly classroom recipes in English and Spanish (plus cooking, shopping, and safety tips)
- Food information and suggestions for enrichment activities
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) student activities and take-home recipes for families
View a free sample cooking lesson: Minestrone and Breadsticks for Grades 2-3.