It’s fun to crunch sweet slender sunflower sprouts, find the surprise inside a blood orange and learn that purple carrots first grew in Afghanistan.
Tastings let children use their senses to discover that fresh fruits and vegetables make delicious snacks. Check out our new Seed Tasting!
- Easy and require no cooking
- Lesson plans, farmer letters, food history, nutrition information
- Choose grades K-1, 2-3, 4-6
- English & Spanish student materials
- Aligned with Common Core State Standards
Download a sample tasting lesson: Salad Tasting: Grades 2-3
USDA SNAP-Ed Connection includes CWK tasting lessons as a resource for teaching cooking skills.
New Mexico State University has created a series of videos that supplement CWK tasting lessons: Come out to The Farm
To access all of our free tasting lessons, enter your email address below. Your email address will not be shared with any other organizations (we promise!).